Delay Day

Today I woke up at around 6:30 AM, very different from yesterday. My voice is still gone, but my cough has gotten slightly better. I did not have time for breakfast today since we had to check out at 7:30 and by the time my roommate and I got done showering and getting ready to leave it was 7:20. We then arrived at the lobby to checkout and my roommate learns that he left his key card in the room so he asks for mine so that he can go back and get it. About 8 minutes later he comes back without his card, apparently he lost it. It cost 5,000 won for a lost card which is roughly the equivalent of 5 dollars.

Today is the only day in which it was raining outside. It wasn’t raining too hard, just a drizzle. We then got on the bus. My instructor said that if we wanted to we could donate our T cards (subway/bus cards) for the next year and if we do donate we could write our names on it. So I did both of what he requested, I scratched my name into the card and gave it to him. Then one of the instructors from The Asia Institute said that we could donate our leftover won to charity so I also did that. The bus then began to move.

It took an hour and a half to get to our first rest stop where I got four pastries. One was a bagel, the other was an eclair, and the other two were some type of Korean pastries that I didn’t know of. After this 20 minute stop, the bus set a course to the next rest stop that would last an hour (this would be our lunch time). When we arrived at the next stop I did not get anything for lunch because those pastries were fairly filling. I ended up throwing one out because it was filled with a red bean paste (both the unknown Korean ones were like this). I’m not a big fan of that bean paste, though I do know some people on this trip that love it. Now it is time to go to the airport.

When we arrived at the airport, we had about 2 hours until our flight took off. I had purchased myself an aisle seat so that way I wasn’t stuck in the middle seat for a 14 hour flight again.

After the long flight, one may think that the worst part was over. Well.. think again. Our flight that was initially supposed to leave at 6:45 from the DFW airport originally got delayed to leave at 8 PM, then 8:30 PM, then 9 PM, then 10:15 PM, then 11 PM. But wait, there’s more! After 9:30, the flight got delayed till 8:45 AM the next morning. It was at this time that my group decided to camp out in the airport for the night. Shortly after we got settled in, the flight got delayed again to 10 AM which scares me because it’s not an exact number meaning (in my mind) that it’s still up for debate. So we will see how it all ends.

Leave a Reply