Day 4: Dress to Impress

Today was good. It started with me trying to wake up at 7:30 to catch up on some blogging, but really waking up at 8:30 after sleeping through my alarm. All good though because we weren’t leaving until 9:30 today. Today was our site visit to Continental, which was by far my favorite site visit yet. We took a bus at 9:30 to Regensburg where the company was located. Again, we were dressed in business clothes because, you know, professional site visit. However, today we were allowed to bring a change of clothes for after the visit, so life was good.

We started our visit off with a short introduction presentation about the company. Then they fed us lunch in their cafeteria, which was also quite good (I’m noticing a pattern about German food). While eating, I was sitting across from the lady that was leading the whole visit, so I got to know her a little bit. She went downstairs and bought a candy bar called Corny for her co-worker, but when we asked about it, she was in such shock that we didn’t know what it was, that she let us try it. It was pretty much like a stickier granola bar, still good though.

After lunch, we got to go on a short tour of the production site. This is where today got interesting. In order for us to go into the factory, we had to wear shoe covers with these little black strips on them that we had to tie around our ankles, as well as lab coats and headphones. We looked very scientific haha. The tour itself was kind of boring because it was all about the making of microchips, which I’m not all that knowledgeable about. Anyways, my tour guide was pretty cool, so overall it was a good experience on the site visit.

Afterwards, we hopped back on the bus and headed into the town of Regensburg where we were given a tour of the city. Coincidentally, the moment that my group was about the start the tour, we ran into the Mayor of Regensburg. Yeah, that’s right. I met the Mayor of Regensburg. The rest of the tour was interesting too. The tour guide showed us all of the ins and outs of the city as well as taught us why the buildings were built the way they were. When we were done, he dropped us off at Weltenburger am Dom, the restaurant that we were about to eat dinner at.

Once were done eating, me, Gemma, Ally and Lexi decided that we wanted to get postcards or something to commemorate our time in Regensburg. Unfortunately, all of the shops were closed at that point, but on our way out, we heard this really loud music. It turned out that the Cathedral was having some sort of parade/ceremony to celebrate Ascension day tomorrow. I was quite confused at first because I wasn’t entirely sure what all of those people were doing, but once I figured it out, I was fascinated by it. It really gave me a lot more insight into the German culture.

By this point, it was already 8:30 before we left, so we didn’t get back to the hotel until nearly 10. Yet again, we had an early morning the next day, so I went to bed afterwards. Finally, the end of this very long day.


Leave a Reply